Thursday, May 15, 2008

Streamyx is down :( well.. sort off

Around mid day today streamyx started to go haywire.. I could connect but what do u know.. I cant do anything.. Surfing the internet has random success, getting the google page to show is such a luxury. emails can't be sent via streamyx but i'm able to send using my jaring account. Well.. What happened?

I decided to call customer service (even though I've had almost no service from them). The moment I called, there was an automated voice saying that there are service disruptions in Sandakan, Tawau from Sabah and some other states. KK should be ok, so I proceeded to speak to technical support. I spoke to a lady and as usual, they go through the script, please check your modem lights, please off and on the modem, please use adsl without filter, bla bla bla it went on like this for 10minutes. I guess by that time their script ran out. After wasting 10 minutes of my life( plus time on hold), they told me they would lodge a technical report. Well.. doesn't solve my problem, but hey, at least i can add to their statistics. Oh well, no internet for tonite..

A few hours later I got a call from a 2nd level technical support guy who explained to me why I am paying for internet that doesn't work. Seems they have problems with remote access to the servers in KL. I'm not sure how that affects the internet here, but at least they called. Unfortunately, they do not know how long this problem will take to fix, so I have to bear with it..

Since I trade US, I need the internet at night.. Well.. DiGi comes to the rescue.. RM6 I can surf all I want at err.. well.. some sort of speed. At least I can use MSN and blog now hehe.. Hope the net comes back

No comments: