Monday, May 5, 2008

Police summons system down

Today when I went to see the police to pay a traffic summons, well what do you know, the system is down, and there isn't any backup. So after travelling all the way to the police station and knowing that parking is a real pain over there, I find out I can even make a manual payment. This e-government thing is suppose to simplify things. Instead, it looks like it is making it more difficult to use.

Ok, back home, I heard that you could pay traffic summons and renew road tax online. Lets give it a try.. So I headed over to www.speed.com.my and registered an account. well as expected, the main page loads fine, but when it comes to accessing summons information, it breaks down. How can a government system behave like this. Isn't there any redundancy in the system? backup or fall over to a manual mode?

No comments: