Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lazada purchase experience

I decided to try online shopping for large items a few days back (19/01/2013) and purchased an oven through lazada.


Only after that I started doing more research and it seems that lazada has a lot of customer service and order fulfillment issues. There are so many complaints on blogs and facebook about them. Oh boy.. I hope I didn't make a wrong decision about them.

Particularly interesting was a blogger who ordered an IPod and didn't get it till after 73 days. Check it out here.

As of day 3 the status has been stuck as Processing even though the item was already paid. I thought it would be in Paid, not shipped state. Their product page stated that the item would be delivered within 4-6 working days.

Fingers crossed!

Update 21/01/2013: Lazada sent an email requesting for a picture of the credit card for verification purposes. A couple of hours after that then the status was updated to Paid, not shipped:



Update 25/01/2013: Lazada updated their status to Shipped! but by that time its Friday night. Next Monday is a holiday.. haiz.. means gonna get it on Tuesday.. so long.. I just hope their delivery service works on Saturday hehe..


Update 26/01/2013: Got a call from security saying a courier is here!! Yay!!! They do work on Saturdays hehe.. Found out they use GDex as their courier service. Well the box was pre-opened (because i noticed it was resealed), I'm guessing by lazada because there was an lazada invoice in it. Hopefully they were checking whether the item works?

Lazada had promised on their website a delivery deadline of between 4-6 days. I received the item in 4.5 days (considering saturday is half day work hehe..). So I would say they fulfilled their delivery promise there.

Overall Experience: 

Seeing so many complaints on lazada I was very worried about whether they would deliver the item on time or what would happen if the purchased item had a fault in it. The whole experience honestly did make me lose a little sleep.

Despite all the problems reported in blogs and forums on order fulfillment issues, poor customer service and poor after sales service. At this point in time, I'm just relieved that I managed to receive the product and hopefully I do not experience any problems with the product and need to deal with the after sales.

My advice, if ordering from lazada, be prepared for some issues along the way as I believe they have only been operating for less than a year (as of this post) and I guess they still need time to work out the kinks in their system and customer service training.

I would still order from lazada but I would be really cautious when ordering again. Best of luck if you do  decide to order anything from them :)

No comments: