Friday, January 11, 2013

Chatterbox One Utama Review

Ended up in One Utama for lunch today as a colleague volunteered to drive everyone out hehe.. Chatterbox has 3 choices of set lunches available on weekdays with a rotating daily menu (according to the staff).

Set Lunches
Most of us got the set lunch, which comes with a main meal, soup and a drink. Colleague recommended the Yin Yong (Coffee Tea drink). The dirnk was really nice, but still doesn't beat papparich though.

I ended up with Set C which is the Cheese Baked Rice with Fish Fillet in White Sauce. A little story about cheese baked rice, initially I was weary when I ordered my first cheese baked rice. I always thought, what!! cheese and rice?? how does that go together?? A friend once explained to me that rice was just like pasta and then it started to make sense to me hehe..

Anyway, back to Chatterbox. The cheese baked rice didn't disappoint, crusty cheese on the top, soft ooey cheese at the bottom followed by crunchy fillets of fish and slight saltish grains of rice. YUM! Will always be back for more of this.
Cheese Baked Rice with Fish Fillet
Two colleagues of mine had the fried rice, the presentation was too appealing and well.. the taste matched the look. Quote my colleague, "Better at a mamak stall". Will be staying away from this.

Chatterbox Fried Rice
One colleague decided not to have the set lunch and ordered the pork chop cheese baked rice (RM15.50) of the standard menu. Again a great dish which could only get better by topping up with chill oil! hehe..
Cheese Baked Rice with Pork Chop 
I'm a big fan of the cheese baked rice and would definately be back for more probably only on the weekday because of the savings with having the set lunch. 

No comments: