Monday, March 19, 2012

Mini Aquaponics 1 Day 3

Did a clean of the aquarium today. Changed 80% of the water since it was murky white. Might have been caused by the cucumber that I was feeding to the sucker fish. After the clean, the water is clear again.
Clear aquarium with sucker fish busy munching the cucumber
I've been germinating some seeds since day 1, decided to have a look at how its going. Oh wow.. the bak choy has already sprouted. That was quick, it has only been two days!
Bak Choy Sprouts!
A closer look at the little bak choy
Excitedly, I quickly transferred 4 sprouts into the 4 available baskets in the floating raft. Some of the baskets were quite high with water, I hope that doesn't drown my little bak choy.
Sprouts transplanted to basket

Another sprout transplanted
Notice the raft is quite low into the water. I hope as the plant grows it won't sink further. Might need to add more polystyrene underneath it to keep it afloat. Fingers crossed.. :)


No comments: