Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mini Aquaponics 1 Day 5

Not much update today except that I added a sponge to the end of the air hose to provide more aeration. 

New Sponge attached
All baskets appear to be growing well although basket 1 and 2 looks like it has slowed down. 
Day 5
Below is a picture from another angle. Looks like I might need to reposition the light, basket 1 & 2 is growing towards the light, worried that it might tip the balance of the raft (if it ever grows big haha).
Seedlings from a different angle



2 comments:

Unknown said...

how is it going nowadays??

Me said...

Hi briand,
Actually, they have all died and I was not able to harvest them. Since this post I have made 3 more attempts/versions of this and ended up in failure. The biggest it got was about 3 inches in height before it turned yellow and withered away.

I guess the nutrients in the system are just insufficient for it to grow.

I might give it another go for 2013 haha..