Saturday, August 6, 2011

Jaya Noodle House Review

Decided to pop into Jaya Noodle House today as wife had craving for noodles.

The place wasn't that crowded when we went in, so we weren't sure whether the food was good. Then again, Jaya One food outlets are rarely crowded during the afternoons. We decided to pop in.


We sat down and looked at the menu, there are quite a number of choices to choose from, but judging by the name of the store, we decided to stick to the noodles section of the menu. Wife ordered the two roasted meat combo noodles and I ordered the Soy Bean Noodles Minced Pork Noodles set. The set includes a choice of dessert between Red Bean Soup or Barley Ginko. I chose the Barley Ginko. Since tummy was hungry, we also ordered the Crispy Fried Wantan as a side dish.

After ordering, they will come and serve your utensils and wet tissue as well as a plate of pappadums.

What? pappadums? I thought we were in a chinese restaurant hehe.. I wasn't complaining since I loved pappadums, I just wished that indian restaurants served complimentary pappadums everytime I ordered my roti canai hehe.
After a couple minutes munching away on the pappadums, The food starts getting served.

The roast meat noodles was the first to arrive. First look, the noodles looked a little bland, but after mixing the sauce together and Wow.. its delicious.. man I wished I had ordered this instead of my wife. The roasted meats however was on the normal side. The next time I come I have to order this.

two roasted meat noodle RM10.90

The barley ginko was normal.

barley ginko

Oooh yumm the wantan tasted so good.. They were fresh out of the fryer.
fried wan-tan (10pcs) RM8

Soy-bean paste noodle was a disappointment, noodles were too soggy and taste was a tad too mild for my taste.
soy-bean paste noodle

Overall had a good experience and definitely would return to try their other dishes.

No comments: