Friday, June 13, 2008

My Wii Fit has arrived!

Got a call from the Pos Malaysia today to say that my package has arrived. Having waited a week since my cousin sent the Wii Fit from the US I quickly grabbed my car keys and drove down to KK town pos central to pickup my parcel. Woohoo.. no tax. I was worried bout any duty fees..

The moment I got home the package was torn off in a flash. I have been waiting forever for this and couldn't wait to try it out. I quickly tore out the batteries that came with the unit and plugged it in and hit the power button. Oh no, nothing happened?!?! How could this be? Blown away almost RM500 and waited so long and it doesn't work?? Could my luck be so bad? Well.. it wasn't.. seems that in my excitement I put the batteries the wrong way. Gosh, what a relief. Thats what you get for not concentrating.

Anyway, I poweredup my wii and followed the instructions on the manual to sync the wiifit to the wii console just as you would the first time with the wiimotes. After trying for about 5minutes repeating the same steps over n over again, I was unable to get a sync. Desperate to reset the sync settings by holding down the sync button of the wii console for 10secs. This means I lose sync with my existing wiimotes. I ran the sync again and got my wiimotes, but was still unable to sync the wii fit to run.

Frustrated, I sat down and started to think.. after i'm an engineer I should act logically and break down the problem. Well, let's try putting in the wii fit disk. When I did that, it prompted me to do an update which I did. Maybe this will help my wiifit board. So I tried the sync again and well.. still the same result.. no sync.

Ok.. Last chance, i ran the wii fit cd and a nice screen popped up asking me to connect my wii fit. I powered it up and did a sync and wallah it works! the blue light of the wii fit board remained steady and I was ready to use it. Well, it was a big headache for me just to set the wii fit up, hope it wasn't the same for any others. Now I gotta find some accessories here in KK if there are any :p

No comments: