Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mario's Pizza at 1Borneo

Decided to brave going into 1Borneo for the weekend. Was rather worried that there would be problems with parking. Anyway, managed to find a parking and took a look around to see if there were any new stalls in 1Borneo.

Well, after walking around, this store Mario's Pizza caught my attention. I really love pizza and this stall sells snack sized portions

Picked up quite a crowd

Plenty of patrons, waiting and deciding what to order

I ordered three different pizza's. The heating up of the pizza's was slow because they only have one oven. Duno what the owner was thinking having only one oven. The staff kept opening and closing the oven, leaving the oven to unevenly heat the pizza's. This caused the service to slow down due to staff all queueing up to use the oven. I thought it'd probably be better to have multiple inexpensive mini ovens to speed up the heating up process. I had to wait at least 5 minutes before I my pizza's were ready.. Thats a bit long just for warming it up.

Workers queueing for the oven

What I liked was that they wrapped the pizza in some greaseproof paper for you to carry around the mall and munch at the same time. The staff was polite and did apologise for the delay in heating up the pizza.

Overall I found the price quite reasonable (RM2.60-3.20 for a slice of pizza). Upstairs in Tasty Food Village your able to get a slice of pizza for RM3 and double the size. Unfortunately, in Tasty Food Village they only heat up the pizza upon request and well, the taste just isn't as nice as Mario's. Well leave you all to decide which is better :)

No comments: