Monday, June 30, 2014

Lazada Mastercard Monday LIMIT to RM100

I've been a regular shopper with lazada, buying a lot of baby stuff on Mondays to get the additional 10% off. But today (30/06/2014) there was something different, as I selected my purchases, I noticed that I was not able to get the 10% off when I used my Mastercard when my cumulative total was RM100 or more.

There was nothing on their website that said that there was a limit on the Mastercard discount. So I made a phone call to Lazada's customer service and they told me that the Mastercard promo had some problems.. ok I guess I could hold off my purchases till the following monday then. They gave me a RM20 voucher for the trouble.

Now.. a few hours later they changed their Mastercard promo page to below:

They now have an additional condition with the Mastercard discount. Only for total order below RM100. What?? you mean this is permanent? What about those people who stay in Sabah who need to purchase above RM100 in order to get free delivery? So in order to get the discount I would need to spend under RM100 and pay for delivery?? ridiculous. That kinda makes MasterCard Monday kinda useless. Thanks lazada, you just lost a customer, well.. till I use up all the coupons you give me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there, I am having the same issue with Lazada. So I was not the only one who get duped.

I made an order on 4/8/14, the total order was over RM100 and I managed get the discount upon checkout. Unfortunately there's something wrong with my card and payment was unsuccessful. After I sorted it out with my bank I made the same order again and no discount is given.

I called customer service and was given the 'only for total order below RM100', 'everything is subject to changes without prior notice' crap and they can't explain why I got the discount for the initial order. In fact, one of the products I ordered is already priced at above RM100 but the discount logo is on the product page with no asterisk directing to T&C. I think what they did is a violation of consumer protection act.